Our growing client company is in need of a Staff Accountant to add to their team. The Staff Accountant will support the day-to-day accounting activities of the Company, its month-end processes, year-end audit process, and various special projects that may arise. A successful person in this role will possess strong analytical skills, an attention to detail, good communication skills, and the ability to think “outside the box”.
- Monthly financial statement preparation.
- Prepare/reviews accounting ledgers and journals.
- Monthly analysis for corporate and subsidiaries.
- Responsible for trial balance accounts on monthly basis.
- Maintain banking systems/programs.
- Prepare tax returns and other reporting requirements.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare periodic audits on subsidiaries.
- Assist with yearly budget.
- Assist with month end close.
- May lead or direct other accounting personnel
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of accounting rules and regulations
- Broad knowledge of information systems including accounting databases and Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP and financial presentation
- Strong communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience