Coordinates, compiles, manages, and executes firm billings and receipts, as well as a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties. Maintains contact with and assists attorneys, staff, vendors, and clients.
- Compiles and processes invoices for attorneys each month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e. multiple discounts, split-party billing and preparation of electronic bills)
- Ability to effectively handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues.
- Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create and finalize final client billings.
- Create and distribute monthly reports.
- Reconciliation of firm credit card transactions.
- Recording payments and deposit daily.
- Always ensure strict confidentiality.
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize and use time efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Must be able to follow up and see work through to its conclusion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and a good working knowledge of computers is critical to success in this position.
Education and Experience:
- College level accounting classes or accounting degree preferred but not required.
- 1-5 years of hands-on billing experience.