Our client located downtown Indianapolis is seeking a Staff Accountant who will report to the Director of Finance. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Process AP transactions, including matching to correct purchase orders.
- Prepare biweekly check runs.
- Manage monthly and biweekly payrolls.
- Process payroll by collecting employee payroll data and timesheets include verifying employees’ work hours from the supervisors.
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll queries
- Assist in monthly and year end close, including analysis of actual to budget variances.
- Proactively communicate and return calls to vendors as needed.
- Prepare journal entries as needed for appropriate expense accruals.
- Maintain vendor related documentation, including contracts, lien waivers certificates of insurance.
- Preparation of sales/use tax filings with multiple states.
- Assist in gathering support documents for annual audit.
- Assist Director of Finance and Business Manager with ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
- Bachelors/Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum of 2-3 of years accounting experience.
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Requires excellent attention to detail, critical thinking skills, self-motivation, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Excel is required.
- Experience with any ERP software is a plus.