Our Northside client is seeking a Senior Accountant reports to the Corporate Controller and is responsible for assisting with month-end, quarter-end and year end close responsibilities. The Senior Accountant will prepare and review monthly accounting reconciliations with supporting journal entries and schedules, as well as providing support to internal and external audit requests. The Senior Accountant will also assist with compiling financial reports in connection with various analytical procedures, in addition to the month end close responsibilities. Position may involve supervising corporate accounting and finance staff.
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Ability to function, accommodate and meet all month end close timeline schedules.
- Assist in preparing internal and external financial reports and related analytical analysis.
- Assist in preparing for quarterly reviews and annual audits, including adherence to timelines, assisting in the resolution of audit issues, providing information to the auditors as necessary.
- Assist in the drafting of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist Corporate Controller in various projects which help better assess financial information.
- Key contact person for field operations (markets) to review financial trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to relate and work across divisional lines
- Ability to view business from detail and strategic levels
- Ability to interface and present ideas to senior level management
- Ability to analyze data using Microsoft Excel
- BS/BA in Accounting required
- Minimum of 3-4 years accounting/finance experience
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Advanced Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with general ledger and financial reporting software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.