Our downtown Indianapolis client is searching for a Corporate Accounting Manager who will report directly to the Controller. The position will be responsible for managing general accounting and financial activities in compliance with GAAP as well as interact with various corporate departments on tracking costs and various reporting.
- Ensure controls are followed to ensure integrity of accounting records for the company.
- Ensure proper accounting treatment of transactions and financial statement presentation in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with financial statement preparation.
- Manage 1-2 accounting/finance professionals
- Prepare and review general ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Reconcile monthly cash and payroll accounts
- Assist with annual external audit process.
- Reconcile and report on several balance sheet accounts
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare reports, statements, and projections.
- Results driven, detail and process oriented.
- Comfortable working closely with leadership and operations teams.
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- SAP experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills