Our client located on the westside of Indianapolis is seeking a goal oriented, highly motivated Controller with the ability to maximize profit and cash flows through effective management of financial reporting, spend tracking and analysis, cash flow optimization strategies, budgeting and forecasting, sales and margin analysis, and internal controls and procedures.
- Challenges the normal convention and thinks analytically to create better reporting, information, and recommendations to improve visibility and understanding of the business.
- Desires to be hands on and in the details on when necessary to figure out issues, establish corrective actions, and lead change.
- Wants to make a difference, take ownership and accountability for their work, and has a desire to improve themselves personally and professionally.
- Desire to work with a fast paced, changing, and evolving financial team.
- Drives the budgeting and forecasting process, as well as budget vs actual analysis. Pushes corrective actions to meet or exceed budget and improve cash position.
- Leads effectively through coaching, counseling, challenging, managing workloads, holding people accountable, and providing timely and effective feedback.
- Works directly with the Company owners, and CFO to report and analyze results and make improvements.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing existing policies and procedures.
- Owns the monthly, quarterly, and yearly close process to ensure reconciliations, journal entries, and reporting packages are sent to senior management and ownership accurately and timely.
- Controls SG&A and drive operational efficiencies, and decrease general costs.
- Reports results directly to senior management in a logical and professional manner.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Accounting
- General ledger accounting and reporting, corporate finance understanding, CPA, financial and cash management skills, ability to create and establish processes and procedures, Analyzing data to create information and make recommendations to improve, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word proficiency a must.