To provide administrative services to senior leadership, staff, committees, and members. To develop and facilitate the overall communication strategy. Maintain the membership records and reports of the church; and, assist with financial records and transactions.
- Assist with daily administrative issues as directed.
- Answer telephone, problem solve/facilitate, and deliver messages with accuracy, courtesy and respect. Be knowledgeable of staff schedules.
- Open, answer, route any incoming email.
- Open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Address and facilitate member/office walk-in issues as needed.
- Maintain calendars.
- Produce, edit and distribute weekly updates
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute weekly announcements and monthly newsletters.
- Coordinate, obtain materials, produce & distribute annual report.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of records and maintain/manage office supplies.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Develop an overall communication strategy.
- Assist in maintaining website and social media accounts, including posting, and responding to comments and messages.
- Produce content for website and social media to inform and engage, under the direction of leadership.
- Involved in community engagement and manage volunteer activity for events.
- Compile and input bi-monthly payroll. Maintain payroll records.
- Generate and prepare vouchers, and other accounts payable processes.
- Generate quarterly contribution statements.
- Assist leadership with reports and/or other information for budgeting purposes.
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for staff and members.
- Communication: Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
- Project Management: Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings.
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
- Decision Making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years previous experience as an administrative assistant in a corporate environment requiring management of multiple tasks, a high-level of confidentiality, and a professional customer-service approach to working with internal and external customers.
- Willing and able to problem-solve without being prompted.
- Possession of strong verbal and written communication skills, which include clear and concise writing with exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft’s Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Demonstrated organizational skills, records management, and time management.
- Capable of recording and compiling meeting minutes, planning travel and events, and working as a member of a team of administrative professionals.
- Must have a professional presentation of self.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, or stack materials weighing 40 pounds.
- Ability to kneel.
- Ability to bend at the waist.
- Ability to demonstrate and lead activities.
- Ability to reason and solve problems.
- Ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Ability to communicate with employees, volunteers, & community members effectively.
- Physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies.