Our client has a new opportunity in our accounting department for an Accounting Associate. This person will be responsible for managing the payroll process and other accounting functions as needed by the accounting department.
- Accurate preparation and submission of biweekly payroll.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Perform timesheet QA/QC.
- Coordinate with HR Staff as needed for new hires, benefit changes and enrollments.
- Update payroll records; enter new hire information and personnel changes into ADP WFN and Ajera.
- Calculate 401K contributions and match and transmits to 401K plan; maintains 401K payroll records.
- Cross-reference ADP WFN time off records/requests with Ajera time sheets containing time off.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers’ compensation payments.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in accounting preferred but not required.
- Two to four years of experience in public/private accounting preferred.
- Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry experience preferred.
- ADP Workforce Now and Ajera project management software experience a plus.
- Familiarization with accounting and finance methods in accordance with GAAP & Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) is a plus.
- Multi-state employer experience.