||Public Affairs Administrative Assistant
The Public Affairs Administrative Assistant will provide skilled administrative support to the Public Affairs Department professional staff. This person will also collaborate with others in the organization to achieve brand consistency, coordination of messages and the highest standards for both internal and external communications, event coordination and logistics, among other responsibilities. The qualifications, duties and responsibilities listed below are those required for the position, but do not encompass all that may be included in the day-to-day performance of this position.
- Provide administrative support to three professional staff.
- Assist with the monitoring of media hits including running and distributing regular reports.
- Keep media tracking keywords current and relevant.
- Respond to routine questions, emails, and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Order inventory and track all giveaway and branded marketing items.
- Serve as the liaison between print shop and the department to ensure printed materials are submitted, proofed, and approved timely.
- Provide logistical support for department related conferences and events.
- Provide administrative support for our client’s Aspiring Educators and Rising Educators programs.
- Develop, organize, and maintain shared department files – print and digital.
- Assist with the production and distribution of membership materials.
- Keep department calendars current.
- Proofread materials including reports, correspondence, publications, and digital communications, among others.
- Prepare and organize materials and activities as needed for management and professional staff.
- Review expense vouchers for compliance and code appropriately for authorization and payment.
- Maintain accurate department budget tracking documents.
- Assist with the creation of storyboard layout for each issue of the Advocate, coordinate ad buys, and track editorial and publishing deadlines.
- Assist with reporting and tracking in the VAN.
- Pull reports as needed from NEA360.
- Assist with event logistics as needed.
- Maintain photo library and coordinate photo shoots.
- Schedule meetings, prep materials and keep and distribute accurate minutes.
- Assist with survey creation, distribution, and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; administrative experience preferred particularly in areas of journalism or public relations.
- Excellent technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and the operation of common office equipment.
- Demonstrated understanding of and accuracy in grammar, spelling and proofreading.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate tactfully, courteously, and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Detail oriented and a keen ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work well and harmoniously with others.
- Ability to complete work with accuracy and within established timelines.
- Ability to carry out assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to keep accurate records and proficiency in filing.
- Demonstrated experience and success in working effectively under pressure solving problems and meeting stringent deadlines.