Legal Support opportunity with our valued business partner, responsible for completing administrative needs of attorney(s)
- Prepare and format corporate charter documents, partnership agreements and limited liability documents; draft board meeting minutes and board resolutions; prepare minutes, stock certificates and stock ledgers.
- Manage the coordination of complex document preparation; ensure all attachments, exhibits and enclosures are intact.
- Proficiency with reviewing and proof-reading documents to ensure appropriate formatting, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Proficiency at electronic (and paper) filing and service to opposing counsel pleadings, motions, proposed order, etc. with courts and regulatory agencies.
- Conduct research, download (or otherwise obtain copies) and summarize orders issued by courts and regulatory authorities.
- Maintain calendars and schedule attorney activities to ensure no scheduling conflicts and to inform attorney(s) of court imposed deadlines.
- Transcribe dictation, type from handwritten or other drafts while complying with the firm’s standards of form, accuracy, neatness and speed.
- Compose routine letters and memoranda and prepare reports using knowledge of work area instructions and guidelines.
- Open, maintain and retire files in an up-to-date and organized manner for effective retrieval of filed material in accordance with firm guidelines.
- Prepare all outgoing mail, including enclosures, etc., add correct postage and log client expense where applicable.
- Be responsible for keeping and finalizing time sheets for each assigned attorney.
- Format and assemble documents for court or agency filing acceptance.
- Assist in the answering of a multi-line phone system. Greet clients, vendors, firm personnel and all other guests in a professional manner consistent with office policy and the preference(s) of attorneys.
- Take messages for the attorney/staff and/or forward calls to staff members or voicemail system, if requested by staff and/or caller.
- Coordinate with other legal assistants, service departments and outside vendors (as appropriate).
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by the firm administrator or attorney(s).
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of legal experience
- Associates degree preferred
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations to the general public, co-workers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Exhibit and maintain a professional and team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, using own initiative when appropriate
- Must be able to handle confidential information professionally and exercise good judgment
- Must be comfortable asking for additional information in the absence of clear direction.
- Must be able to follow up and see work through to its conclusion.