This role located downtown Indianapolis supports the mission and core values of the company by leading HR practices and objectives to provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Coordinates implementation of services, policies, and various company programs. Develops and maintains close partnerships with the plant manager and plant leadership team and partners with them to develop, implement and evaluate/monitor HR programs, policies, and processes to support the achievement of business objectives. Reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Recruiting and staffing
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Organization development
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Facilitate orientation, development, and training.
- Policy development and documentation
- Employee relations
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Company employee and community communication
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Employee services and counseling
- Counsels and prepares employee corrective action
- Prepares annual and bi-annual performance review forms
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing set tasks as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned. Duties may include lower level or higher level of proficiency.
- Interact on a daily basis with other departments of the organization including Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Sales, IT, and Management
- Operate in a fast paced, deadline oriented manufacturing plant and office.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years HR experience required.
- Knowledge and experience regarding basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Works independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies, regulations, and employment law.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- High moral character and good attendance record.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of events.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.