Our client located downtown Indianapolis is seeking a HR Coordinator who is the first point of contact for employees that visit the HR department at our facility. Provides support to employees, HR team and other departments through special projects and assisting with general administration regarding benefits, payroll, training and development, legal compliance and other human resource issues.
- Providing timely assistance to team members regarding human resource questions and issues.
- Assists in onboarding efforts, including interacting with applicants; collection, data entry, and processing of relevant candidate and new hire information; and reporting.
- Manage HR email inbox to ensure employee and manager questions are resolved in a timely manner. Requires the ability to quickly read and allocate emails to ensure proper and timely support.
- Maintain employment files for active and inactive employees via HR system.
- Monitors the I-9s for the company to ensure timely processing by all locations and works closely with the Plant HRGs, Office Managers/Assistants, and HR Manager Operations to ensure compliance. Also ensures that states where E-Verify is required is being submitted in a timely manner.
- Partner with HR Director and/or HR Manager Operations to understand company guidelines to answer employee questions.
- Schedule exit interviews as needed. Track and maintain exit interview data from multiple locations (nationwide). Retain exit interview data and develop quarterly reports as required.
- Conduct drug screens for all new hires and order background checks when required.
- Administer and track HR processes as required.
- Sort and distribute departmental mail – manage highly sensitive/confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Assists in maintaining compliance with federal and state employment regulations.
- Participates in team meetings on a regular basis and other meetings as needed.
- Partner with HR team members to document HR processes. Ensure processes and transactions are consistent and efficient.
- Gathers information for Annual Service Award Program and places order for all locations.
- Assists with recruiting and source candidates.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in Human Resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to function in fast-paced environment.
- Strong PC skills
- Solid understanding of federal and state regulations as they relate to employment laws.
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and organize; time management skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional discretion and confidentiality.
- Problem solving ability
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to operate under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work independently