||Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Associate will be responsible for supporting the Accounting Department and processing invoices for payment. This role will interact with other Accounts Payable Staff as well as Plant Personnel, Purchasing, Treasury, Accounting, Credit, and Transportation staff.
- Primarily responsible for the processing & administration of vendor invoices for payments.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approvals prior to payment:
- 3 way & 2 way matches
- Wire requests
- Check Requests
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Assistance in the weekly payment process as required.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with company policy.
- With manager approval, work streamline processes and maximize efficiencies.
- Work with Corporate and Plant Purchasing personnel to streamline processes.
- Maintain monthly site calls with plant purchasing.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- Accounting related or Accounts Payable related experience preferred
- GED or High School Diploma
- High level of accuracy when keying numbers.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to effectively work with individuals both inside and outside of the company.
- Successful individual will have strong team skills that will enable them to interact with the entire organization.
Education and Experience:
- item one
- item two
- item three
- Proficiency in use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in an integrated accounting system a plus – JD Edwards, SAP, etc.